Cold winter temperatures will test all kinds of automotive synthetic lubricants and other kinds of industrial lubricants. From city maintenance snow removing vehicles that rely on wholesale oil products to airplanes across the country that use aeroshell 33ms or other types of aeroshell grease aviation products, the cold temperatures during the winter are important.
A recent national news report indicated that scientists are working with a product that cold revolutionize the travel industry. This technology that could keep runways heated and free of ice and snow, however, only tackles one part of the concerns that are a part of every flight that arrives or departs. In addition to having a safe runaway, airplane need to be properly lubricated with products like aeroshell 33ms to make sure that they are able to work in all kinds of weather and atmospheric conditions.
Technology that may have initially been used for the aerospace field, however, have also found applications in other industries as well. From automobile to metal working, the most successful lubricants are a major advantage to any machine that relies on moving parts to function.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the lubrication industry and its many applications:
- The metalworking fluids (MWF) market will reach $9.74 billion by the year 2020, according to a report from 2016.
- Cooling, lubrication, chip removal, and corrosion control are the four main functions of metalworking fluids.
- $4 billion in metalworking fluids is anticipated to be consumed for lubricating transportation equipment across the globe, according to a 2017 Future Market Insights report.
- 89% of lubrication professionals consider an oil?s viscosity index when selecting a lubricant, according to a recent survey.
- 2.5 million metric tons of metalworking fluids were sold across the globe, according to 2016 report from Future Market Insights.
- Although many people think of oil when they think of lubricants, this is not necessarily the case. In fact, Semi-synthetic lubricants contain less than 30% oil content in concentrate and pure synthetics contain no oil at all.
- 70% of unplanned equipment shutdowns in the last three years were caused by incorrect lubricant selection or management, according to a recent study of manufacturing companies.
For more, read this link.