Auto Salvage Yards Benefits for You (and the World)

In the United States, if there is a salvage title on a car, this means that the insurance company that has paid a claim on it sees it as a total loss, due to the fact that it is damaged in some way. This really does lower the value of the vehicle significantly, even if it is still usable.

However, some people still want to restore cars, and they see value in cars even when the insurance company does not. If you are interested in getting one of these vehicles, you might be able to visit different vehicle salvage yards to be able to find one that you like. You might have many questions about salvage yards and how to get one of these cars. For example, can you get a warranty on a salvage title? Can you get an extended warranty on a salvage title? Can you insure a car that has a salvage title? Can you sell salvage cars? If you need any of these questions answered, it would be a good idea to talk to a professional with an insurance company. They will be able to tell you what the laws are in your area and what you may be able to do.

Sell my car for cash

There are many ways to contribute to the health of our environment. Recycling plastic bottles and aluminum cans helps reduce the amount of trash in landfills and often leads to that material being used in a better fashion down the road. But there is one area that might surprise you if you want to make an impact helping the environment: the cars auto salvage.

Every year, around 27 million cars from around the world are recovered from recycling after reach the end of their lifespan. In the U.S., nearly 12 million cars are recycled, which makes the cars the most recycled item in the country. Each year, over 25 million tons of materials are recycled from old vehicles.

It may surprise you that 25% of your car may be recycled steel. That’s the amount of recycled steel in the average car, as more than 14 million tons of recycled steel is derived from junk vehicles. The benefits in general from recycled cars goes beyond the manufacturing of new cars and into the energy industry.

  • The automotive recycling industry saves around 85 million barrels of oil from getting used to make new or replacement auto parts.

The car recycling industry is actually the 16th largest in the United States, contributing $25 billion per year to the national Gross Domestic Product. It employs 100,000 people and there are 7,000 vehicle recycling facilities in the United States.

A primary interest in many cars auto salvage locations involves the amount of metal in the car. These metals can include aluminum, steel, and copper, among others. Just about 80% of a vehicle is recycled. The remaining 20% is called auto shredder residue and includes metal pieces, dirt, glass, fabric, paper, and wood.

Selling a vehicle to cars auto salvage locations can make a quick buck from a worn out car at the end of its lifespan. In many cases, it’s important to call different auto salvage locations, which you can find on the Internet. Make sure you have the original title for the vehicle, your personal information and driver’s license information, and some good research skills.

It is a good idea to call each of the cars auto salvage locations for an estimate on scrap prices for cars, cash for junk cars, or the terms of a cash for cars deal. Keep in mind that different auto salvage locations may offer you a different amount of money for your worn out car. They will likely ask you about the condition of the car, mileage, what kind (if any) damage it has taken on.

While a worn car is often seen as the type to take to an auto salvage location, a car that is damaged in an accident beyond repair is another type of car that may be worth taking to cars auto salvage locations. Whatever you choose, your car will likely be recycled and put to good use.

Leave a Reply