You do not have to be a major real estate investor to understand the importance of making sure that you deal with problems as soon as they occur. In fact, there are times when even the smallest of problems can create expensive problems down the road. A small leak on a kitchen sink, for example, can lead to real mess in the basement if that leak is left unattended.
If you are someone who typically procrastinates fixing small problems, it might be in your best interest to make sure that you instead hire someone for even the small problems that occur in your home. This, in fact, is a practice that will allow you to make sure that the electrical, plumbing, and HVAC work in your home is completed correctly the first time and will not lead to more expensive repairs in the future.
If a home is the biggest investment that most individuals will ever make, then a vehicle may be the second or third largest investment. And just as it is essential that you maintain the value of a home by proper maintenance, the same is true of owning a car, truck, van, or crossover. If the semi truck that you drive for work also serves as your home a good deal of the time, it is even more important that you follow all of the recommended and needed maintenance.
Replacement Parts and Regular Maintenance Can Help You Invest in the Property That You Own
From the latest LED headlights for semi trucks to the replacement parts that can add to the fuel efficiency of the rig that you drive, staying well informed can help you both save and make money. Trucks move roughly 71.5% of the nation’s freight by weight, but in addition to serving an important role in the economy of the nation, they also serve as the main livelihood for many drivers. Consider some of these facts and figures about the many times when the right replacement parts and the highest quality service make a very big difference:
- Each cleaning of a diesel particulate filter (DPF) reduces its cleaning efficiency by a factor of ten, so by the third cleaning a truck driver is looking at a DPF that operates no better than 70% efficiency. Worse yet, the efficiency could be as low as 50%.
- A good cleaning, even with the nearly eight hour baking process, will remove approximately 70% to 90% of the plugged ash in a DPF, but at some point you are going to need to consider replacement parts.
- although there can be variances from one part of the country to another, many states have laws that require one or two mirrors be installed that reflect a rear view of the road for at least 200 feet behind the rig. Trucks that cross several states, of course, have to make sure that they are following the rules of every state where they travel.
- In the year 2016, there were 1.87 million heavy and tractor trailer truck driver jobs, and the fact that more and more consumers are willing to pay for expedited shipping fees this number will likely continue to expand..
- As of the latest research, there are up to 2 million semi trucks operating in America.
- Currently, there are approximately 400,000 commercial trucking companies in the U.S.
- In addition to the regular parts and maintenance, the global automotive aftermarket industry is expected to reach $722.8 billion by the year 2020.
- The U.S. automotive aftermarket was a $287 billion industry in 2017 with a compound annual growth rate of 3.6% projected through the end of the year 2020.
Maintenance is important in the home where you live, as well as in the vehicle that you drive. Taking the time to invest in the best best parts and service for both your home and your vehicle pays big dividends in the end. When your vehicle is also your home and your career, it is especially important that you are getting all of the needed maintenance and the best available replacement parts to make sure that your rig maintains its overall value. What maintenance have you been neglecting that you need to get scheduled?